About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Tee With Ruffly Heart

I used some rib knit material to make this cute purple shirt for my baby girl.  I even made my own bias tape for the neck line!  You can see a tutorial on how to make your own bias tape over at Made.  I also did a cut out embellishment with a cut out of a  heart in the middle.

The lighting was bad on my camera, so I'm sorry it's hard to see(if you click on the image, it may be a little easier).  I sewed the ruffles on a separate piece of material behind my shirt.  Then sewed around it in a heart shape and cut out the fabric so that the ruffles peek through. I hope that makes sense. There is a really good tutorial on Make It and Love It. Enjoy!

No comments: