About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Girls' New Easter Dresses

I looked at a lot of different dresses for inspiration and decided on making a fun layered Easter dress for the girls this year.

I made my own pattern.  I used a t-shirt that fits well to measure for my bodice.

Here's for the front:(note the length is short to make it a high waisted dress)
Here's for the back: (notice I added an inch on the fold to allow for a seam in the back with button closures. Also note that the front has a deeper neckline and back is higher.)
To measure for the skirt, I used these calculations:

The width is 1 1/2 times your waist measurement (or 2 times if you want it fuller).  Then you measure your child to see the total length of the skirt.  The first tier is 1/3 your length + 1 inch, the second tier is 2/3 length +1 inch, the third tier is full length +1 inch.

Here is the final product
 I added a ruffle in the front to tie the fabrics in a little better.
And I made button closures in the back.  I'm excited for the girls to wear them for Easter.

No comments: