About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Updated Flip Flops


Ant to transform your flip flops like these!

I started with some regular baby flip flops.  Her chubby little feet were just hurting in the hard plastic.

So I cut out the plastic and cut some fabric strips from an old t-shirt.


Then braided the strips in a  regular braid.


I measured how long I wanted them in the sandal and tied off the ends.  Remember that the knit will stretch a little so you'll want it to be snug on the foot.
 Hot glue the ends in place. 
Cut off the bulk of the knot with some good sharp scissors and fill in with hot glue.

Wrap some thread on the area that fits between the toes.


Now you are going to take some unbraided strips and feed them through the holes in the back.  Loop over your braided piece and back down.  Glue in place.
 You can leave the sandals like this if you want. 
 I added a poofy flower embellishment for fun!
Enjoy!



No comments: