About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas and New Years

We had a really good Christmas this year (with very few pictures to prove it).  My parents came down from Logan to spend the holiday with us and the rest of the family.  It was really nice to have them and Aunt Debbie.  I cooked a ham for Christmas Eve with all of my favorite fixings.  So yummy!  The kids woke up at 6:45am, though I was awake since 6am.  I promised Jared I wouldn't wake them up this year.   This is the first time I remember the kids being happy with no tears all morning.  It was so nice.  We had our ultrasound for the baby on the 23rd and had the nurse write down in a card what we were having.  This was the present I looked most forward to.  IT'S A GIRL!!!!  I got what I wanted for Christmas this year!  We made a yummy breakfast and then headed off to Jared's parents' house for more presents.


It was really fun to see the cousins and play.  It was very loud, but fun.  The only mishap was when Mikyla learned that looking where you are going is crucial when riding your scooter (not talking to your cousin over your shoulder).  She hit a small brick retaining wall in the backyard and we spent two hours in the E.R.


Six stitches later, we were back at the house filling our bellies with yummy food and playing with the cousins again.  It really was a nice Christmas for our family.

We celebrated the New Year's by getting a babysitter for the kids and going out to Red Lobster with my Mom, Dad and sister, Debbie.  It was delicious and I still have no idea how I managed to eat an appetizer, bread and my entire meal.  ( I guess that explains why I gained way more weight than expected this month in my pregnancy - thanks doc for turning a blind eye for the holidays)  The kids had pizza and treats at home, then we did sparklers  (at the 10pm countdown) with noise makers and poppers.  I wish I could say I stayed up for the New Year, but sadly, with a full belly, I missed it and fell asleep on the couch.




Excited for the new Year!  Hello 20-10!



1 comment:

Kate said...

yay for a girl, that's awesome!!!