About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Rough Rainy Week




It's always hard when it rains a lot because the kids go kinda stir crazy.  On Tuesday, I put a brand new 40 lb. dog food bag in our bin for the dog that we keep outside.  Found out later that Cameron had "fed the dog" after me and didn't get the lid back on.  It was literally in about 14inches of water when I found it.  Later that night, Cam knocked two statues off the shelf (totaling $75).  Then Mikyla got nail polish on the one and only pair of maternity pants that I own this pregnancy.  To top off the week, Cameron and Terrick were waiting for dinner at the table when Cameron tells me "Look, mom, I can draw on the table". . . with his fork.  And Terrick thought that looked like great fun, too.  We now have some lovely etchings on the table.  The dining set is literally the first piece of furniture we've ever bought as a married couple that was new.  All in all, I'm thankful the sunshine is back and the kids can get their energy burned outside.  Here's to trying to fix and replace all the damages of the week.




4 comments:

The Special Reds said...

Oh wow. What a week! Hope this week goes better! I like the picture of the rainbow! And your baby booties are adorable! I heard the rain is coming tomorrow and Tuesday, then we'll get a break. Thank goodness!

The comstocks said...

That doesnt sound fun at all!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness Shelly!! What a week! I hope this next week will bring much sun shine for you!!

Mocktalk said...

Shelly you make me feel better - I thought my kids were the only ones that were destructive. When they add up the costs of raising children do they include the value of everything they break?