About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ham Bone Soup

I've never actually cooked with my ham bone before, but I made this for dinner last night and it came out yummy so I thought I'd share:

Ham Bone (plus any extra ham you might want to throw in)
2 cans pinto beans ( you could use dried beans, but that requires soaking overnight and all that - so I'm a wimp and I used canned beans)
1 can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. sliced carrots
2 T. barbeque sauce
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 clove garlic
a little rosemary

I threw it all in my crock pot in the morning and set it on low for 8 hours.  Perfect for a cold day like yesterday.

Wish I had taken a picture.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have a family lentil soup recipe that I love that I only made for the first time this past week...part of my freezer cooking stash. Anyway jim pulls the extra ham bones out of the freezer wanting to possibly eat them but cannot identify them. I inform him that they are ham bones and he gives me the nastiest look, like I almost made him eat them or something. they do look nasty, perhaps they should go on the bottom of the freezer and maybe I should label it. maybe I'll try your recipe with my spares, sounds delish.