About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Beach Themed Mantle

I've seen so many cute beachy mantles and I wanted to try it out.  I'm finally getting around to taking down my Fourth of July summer decor and it's too early to put up my fall stuff, so  I went for it.  I was able to put this together with all stuff I had lying around - including a new "Relax" sign that Jared and I picked up in Catalina.  I need to think of something to put in the glass at the back though.  Might need to go looking for a pretty candle or something.  hmmmm. . . .
I made this sign out of an old board in my garage. It was cut all crooked which gives it a little more character.  I painted it white then used a dry brush technique with some brown to antique it.  I cut the letters out of some scrapbook paper using my silhouette and mod podged them on.   I would have rather done it with vinyl to be quicker, but the only colors I have are white, black and red.  I wanted a beachier color.  Anyways, I  think it turned out pretty good.  Jared said, "It's almost there, but not quite"  Thanks for the support, honey.

No comments: