About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Indiana Jones T-Shirt

I have a little guy who really digs Indiana Jones.  He asked if I could make him a T-Shirt.  I downloaded a font that looked like the logo (called Fedora).  I cut it out twice with my Silhouette onto freezer paper.  I ironed one on to the shirt and used brown for the shadow.  After it dried, I removed it and ironed on my second paper slightly off-setting it from the first one. Like this:
Then I painted orange and yellow over the top.  I had to use two coats so that you couldn't see the brown and I blended the paint in the middle to make it look like the logo.
 I love how it turned out.  I am a little bummed, though, that I smeared a little bit of brown paint underneath.  My son told me that it was okay, people would just think he was eating some chocolate.  Such a funny guy!

No comments: