About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Gifts - On the Go Tin Buckets

This idea has been growing over the last month or so and here is what it has become.

I made these cute tin buckets for each of the kids.  They are a fun little kit of goodies to take with them on long car trips, or vacations, or for waiting rooms, etc.
I started with these tin buckets that I found at Michaels and added their names in black vinyl.

On the inside of each lid I had some adhesive white board so they can doodle.  Each one (except the baby) will have white board markers to color with.

Then I made some fun magnet games for each of them to play on outside of the lid (or anywhere on the tin for that matter).

Next I made some pouches for a pad of paper and crayons so they can write or draw.

I finished off each tin with a special new small toy.  Overall cost of each tin came out to about $15 each.  Now when we are headed out, I can tell the kids to grab their tins and put a couple of small toys inside to bring along and we'll be all set to be entertained.  The only downside - metal tin buckets are not necessarily very quiet, but they do make really good drums!

No comments: