About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Quiet Book #1 For my Baby

I've really been wanting to make some good quiet books for my baby girl for Christmas.  I have searched high and low on blogs and internet for ideas.  Here is the first book I made.  Another one will be finished soon.

#1 Button on flowers
#2 A little zipper purse with a cell phone and keys inside.  ( I used ribbon to attach them so they don't get lost)
#3 Tie the bow on the ballet slipper
#4 Open the farm doors and play with the finger puppets.

#5 Apples and an owl to velcro on the tree
#6 A little mini abacus with beads for counting
#7 Ice cream scoops.  Count them as you stack them
#8 Going fishing!  Each fish is attached with a hook and eye.  (the example I saw didn't have each fish on a string, but I hope this minimizes the chance of lost fishies)

Most all of the pages are hand stitched.  It makes it a little easier to add such small details on each page.  I machine sewed on the velcro because in my experience it needs to be really strong to last.

1 comment:

Nathan & Bethany Soelberg said...

i like these! i need to make one for stella one day!