About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Drive-Thru Dinner/Drive-In Movie

I've been gathering up some big boxes so that the kids could make some cars out of them.  It's always a lot of fun to make your own car, right?  The kids played with them all afternoon.  At dinnertime, I made them a little drive thru window where we don't have a screen anyways (gotta love old homes).  My big girl helped me make the signs:
(She ran out of time halfway through the "menu" sign so we hurried and finished it so we could eat)
Then I had the kids pull up in their cars and "order" their food off the menu.

They balanced the food on the front ends of their cars and pulled around to park and eat it.

 To finish the night off, we had a drive in movie afterwards. 

It was a lot of fun and the kids really loved their cars.  They loved them so much that most of them were broken by the next day, but they got plenty of good use anyhow.

1 comment:

The Special Reds said...

That's such a cute idea! How fun.