About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ice Cream Cake

I had an idea for my hubby's birthday.  I have always been a big fan of ice cream cake - the good ones with the cake and ice cream layers.  So I came up with my own spin off using a similar recipe to cake balls.

I started by baking a regular chocolate cake according to the instructions on the package. Then I  broke it up and put it in my mixer.
  I added about 6 scoops of cookies and cream ice cream
Mix it together until it's well blended.  You want a consistency about like cookie dough.
Next, I layered them into my dish.  I used a glass 9x9 square dish and was able to fill it to the brim.  For thinner layers, use a 9x13 pan.   Start with a layer of your cake on the bottom. Use 1/2 of your mixture.
Layer some softened ice cream on top.
Repeat layers finishing with ice cream on top.  Freeze overnight.  Serve how you like.
Our pieces were huge and yummy.  As you can see the layers are not perfect.  It tastes really good though.  The cake is cold and chewy.  The ice cream is creamy.  I'm totally going to do this again.

No comments: