About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Countdown Bags


I've seen different versions of these for the past couple of years and have adopted this into our new traditions.
You can check out Hoosier Homemade to see the idea here.  There is a cute free printable here at The Idea Room.



Inside mine, I will be putting cards telling what we are going to do.
At 6pm, we'll do a dinner of appetizers and finger foods (our tradition) and fill out a "Time Capsule" sheet.
At 7pm we'll play a board game together.
At 8pm we'll play rock band.
At 9pm, we'll enjoy rootbeer floats together and make some decorations & noise makers.  I'm doing some rocket poppers (like on Martha Stewart's website) and paper plate tambourines.
Then at 10pm we'll watch the ball drop in New York on TV and turn on a movie to see how late they can all last.

It's going to be cheap and it's gonna be a fun one!


Balloons would also be fun!  Maybe next year.



And the thing I'm most excited for is that I get to go see Wicked tomorrow!  Finally!  I'm probably the last one to see this of everyone I know and I'm excited.

Enjoy your new years celebrations!

2 comments:

Annette said...

You must be second to last, cause I haven't seen Wicked yet! Super cute New Years ideas!!!!

Adam and Kristin said...

Sounds really cool! Something the kids will for sure remember!