About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Baby Gifts - "Touch and Feel Book" and "Bibs"

My baby girl likes the touch and feel books.  I know all of you are thinking, "Okay, Shelly, so just go and buy one."  Well, I'm weird.  I love home made stuff and why buy when you can make.  It's more fun for me.  I realized that I had a lot of good fabrics with different textures and I wanted to try out making a book out of mod podge, so here is what I came up with.
I started with some super cute paper.
It is double sided with cute patterns. I used the mod podge to put animals on the pages, then sewed fabric swatches for the texture over the top of the animals.



For the back sides of the pages, I mod podged shapes over the stitches so that they aren't as noticeable.

The fun thing is that the mod podge makes the paper flexible without tearing or getting creases. I let Aliza test out a couple of the pages and they held up quite well.


Here's the orange one after she crumpled it.  You can just smooth it back to it's shape.

I bound them together (and forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it).  Hopefully I'll take a picture for you and post it later.

I also made some fun bibs for her.  The colors are a little funky because I used a lot of my left overs, but they will just get gooey anyways, right?
I especially like the apple and splat bibs.  I thought they came out cute.


No comments: