About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Scripture Case

I made a scripture bag for my little Hunter when he turned 8.  I love it.  I used corduroy on the outside, then for fun, he has some orange inside.

I used a tutorial I found online at The Polka Dot Chair.  I changed the dimensions to fit a regular size quad.  My dimensions were:

2 7x9 for outside
1 4x24 for outside
1 9x10 for outside flap

2 7x9 for bag lining
1 4x24 for bag lining
2 5x9 for bag pocket
1 9x10 for flap lining

I also used velcro instead of a magnet because I had it on hand already.  Hunter loves it and always wants to read his big scriptures now (instead of the picture book ones).




No comments: