About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Snowflakes

I really like to help the kids make crafts for the holidays.  This is one of the easiest and most fun for my kids.
We made this fun snowflakes to line our wall.
I like to make my snowflakes out of coffee filters because they are round, thin and cheap.  Nice, right?  If you don't know how to make them, here's a quick tutorial.

Start with one coffee filter and fold it in half.
Then fold it into thirds (just eyeball it and do your best to line up the edges.

Then fold it in half one more time.
Now cut along the folded edges. You can cut just about anything you want, but don't cut from one folded edge across to the other folded edge.   You can cut the tip if you want a design in the very center.  Here's how I cut one.
And here is what it looks like unfolded.

It's super easy for the kids and each one is unique and beautiful. I just love them.

Just be ready for lots of little bits of paper to clean up afterward.  I just let my vacuum do the work - thanks Dyson! 





1 comment:

Kate said...

brilliant using coffee filters...I must remember that for next year.