About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

New Apron

Okay, don't laugh, but the apron I've been using is an apron I made in my 8th grade Home Ec class.
It looks terrible. It's stained from overuse and  I've needed to replace it for so long there is really no excuse.

Finally, I did it.  I made myself a new apron.
I used a tutorial I saw on Craftiness is Not Optional.  I wish I had bough some black fabric for the ties, but that is neither here nor there.  I did add some pockets on the front, though.  I think it adds a nice touch. 

Finally, I can look cute while I'm cooking without messing up my clothes.

4 comments:

Jenafer Lowe said...

Very cute, my birthday is in August, just a reminder. ;)

The Special Reds said...

That is so cute--I love the colors and ruffles. We want to do a sewing class on aprons in our ward here--I'm in the RS pres. This is a cute pattern.

Nathan & Bethany Soelberg said...

love the polk-a-dots and the red is so fun!

you are one crafty lady.

Darice said...

Way cute Shelly- I love it!