About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cruise Details

We took a 4-day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada for our 10th Anniversary.  It was amazing.  We spent a lot of time relaxing and enjoying the ship.  We played mini golf, ping pong, shuffleboard, tried out the water slide (one time it was freezing water), relaxed in the hot tubs, watched a couple of shows and ATE a lot (or at least I did).  Who can resist all-you-can-eat food, right?  We ate buffet style for breakfast and lunch, then had our dinners in the dining room.  The staff was great and we enjoyed our "table mates" a lot.  We chuckled that in putting us with couples our age, we were at a table of 3 sets of newlyweds and one engaged couple.  One of the couples was even LDS.  Small world, right?  I even managed not to talk about the kids pretty much the whole time.  I haven't had so many adult conversations in a long time.






In Catalina, we did a little shopping and went to visit the hotel we stayed at for our honeymoon (seems like yesterday).  In Ensenada, we did some more shopping, ate some fabulous tacos and took an hour and a half horseback ride that went up the hills and had some beautiful views.





All in all, it was just so nice to get away from our daily lives and have time together.  I am so in love with my dear husband, I wish these kinds of excursions weren't so few and far between.

2 comments:

mystic cher said...

so happy you got some time alone with Jared!

The Special Reds said...

Thanks for posting more pictures! That looks like so much fun. I'm sure it was nice to get some time without the kids. But then you probably couldn't wait to see them again, too!