About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Picnic Table Facelift

Quite a while back, my in-laws picked up this old picnic table that a neighbor was throwing out.  They knew that we might like it since we were new homeowners and were in need of patio furniture.  Well, she sat around on the porch in this sad state for a long time.
Well, I finally got around to reinforcing the wobbly legs (after my husband broke a bench by standing on it), and sanding her down a bit.  Then, for $15 she is good as new with a fresh coat of paint.

Not quite so embarrassing to show off on the front patio anymore.I think it goes pretty well with the porch swing, too. 

The next part of our makeover involves painting the trim of the house.  What a beast of a project!

No comments: