About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Build a Castle

Our Summer project for today was to build a castle.  My Big H has been totally into castles lately.  Asking me questions, like, "What are stronger - round turrets or square turrets?" " How far can a catapult throw a rock?"  Of course, I have no idea what the answers to these questions are, so we went to the library and got a couple of books. One of them had really elaborate designs of cardboard castles.  My building skills were not quite up to par for the ones in the book, but I promised him we'd make one this summer.

  Here is what we got.  We used the brown paper to cover pringles cans, lemonade cans, a caprisun box and a regular box.  Everyone got to decorate their own side and their own turret.

I'm also proud of my little drawbridge. I got creative with some toothpicks, string and bottlecaps.  It winds up and everything.

I used hot glue to hold it all together.  Now its a guess to see how long our little creation lasts.

No comments: