About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Curtains

While I was painting my oldest son's room, I realized that it is not the only room that needs a little more attention in the home decor department.  The other two rooms could use a little love, too.  Both the other kids' rooms are green (not avocado).  My daughter started with a green/pink interior.  I love the green and pink, but the curtains that I originally made for her room left a lot to be desired.  I had this great idea of using sheer pink curtains, but the fabric was terrible to work with and they didn't come out very great.  I've left them in the room, even though I hated them, while I've worked on tons of other things in the house.  Now that my little girl is a little bigger, she doesn't really like pink anymore, either.   So - new look needed!  We are now going with a turquoise and green look and I'm starting with the curtains that are desperately in need of help. (Sorry about the daytime pictures. Didn't realize how hard taking pictures of curtains is.  I need to try again at night)

These are the curtains before:
These are the new curtains:
Here is a little close up of the fabrics I used:



There will be new elements in the room eventually to reflect the change better, but this is a good start and a good inspiration to help the rest of the room.  I can tell you, though, that I'm not really going to be happy with this room until we can take out the crib and get a bunk bed.  This room has way too much furniture.

No comments: