About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day!


We had a fabulous Father's Day this year.  We had lots of fabulous little surprises for Dad (and they were all fairly inexpensive!)
The night before Father's Day, we cleaned up Dad's bedroom and left this on his pillow: 
We found the printable at Seven Thirty Three.  We filled it out with all of Daddy's favorite foods for breakfast and let him choose what he wanted.
The kids each made him a card (or 3 or 4) and we bought him his favorite candy bar.  And used a printable label to put over the candy from The Idea Room.  She has free printables for multiple sizes of candy like this:
Then we got his favorite kind of soda - Henry Wienhard's Root Beer and used this printable label from Oopsey Daisy

Thank you Tatertots and Jello for posting all of these wonderful ideas!

He got all the special meals of the day that we knew he loved and also made him some of his favorite peanut butter cookies.

Our last kind act of the day was creating him a "WE LOVE DAD" masterpiece on the driveway.  I knew he'd have to stay after church for at least a little while, so we took advantage of our time and filled the whole driveway with chalk.
He was really very grateful for all the little things we did to make his day great.  We love our Daddy so much, I'm so glad we were able to make a special day for him.  He is my love, my best friend and the best Daddy to my kids a girl could ever ask for.  LOVE YOU, JARED!!!!

No comments: