About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Garden

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a terrible time with gardening. I kill at least half of what I grow every time.  That doesn't mean that I won't keep trying, though.
I was considering doing vegetables in pots (like I did last year) but once I added up all the cost of pots and stuff, I gave in to the harder option. This little patch used to be grass, so I dug up the grass, watered the dirt so that it was soft enough to churn up a little, and spent a few hours tilling up the dirt in my little plot.  My back ached, but it was worth it in the long run, I hope.  We're trying to grow peas (which I later learned grow best in early spring or fall, not summer), bell peppers, tomatoes, a squash and a zucchini.  If my peas don't come up, I may change them out for green beans.  We'll see what happens.

Anyways, my new goal is to try to have this little garden going year-round.  Growing different things that are in season at different times.  I also have room to expand if I need to.  Wish me luck, I'll need it.

No comments: