About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Love This Flower!

The first time I saw this flower, I knew I needed to have one -but they were selling for $5 a pop - YIKES!



Turns out that it was super easy to make on my own!  All you have to do is cut out some circles. I took some white felt.  I used about 7 circles (all the same size).  I started in the middle and scrunched and folded until I had what I wanted.  Here's a tutorial if anyone wants it

Start with 7 circles:
Thread a needle (with any color thread because it won't show).  Start with the middle circle and fold it and scrunch it how you like.  Here is what mine looked like:
Put one or two stitches in the bottom to keep the folds in place.  Now add another folded circle and put a couple of stitches in the bottom as well.  Keep adding your folded circles around the first - stitching as you go.
Keep adding until you have your desired fullness. As you near the bottom, just keep in mind that you want it to be flatter at the bottom so you can glue it on whatever you want. The last couple of fold should be simple or even just in half.

Tie off your thread.  Then you can either leave it there or I like to take a pair of scissors and trim off any edges that seem too long or out of place.  There is no exact science to this.  Just fix it how you like it.


Then you will have your finished product. I like to hot glue mine to an alligator clip covered in ribbon.
These flowers wold make a cute addition to any craft.  You could also make it out of knit or any other material that will not fray.


1 comment:

Samantha R said...

Cute! I am going to have to try this out :)