About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Orange Snickerdoodles

I saw this cute idea online and couldn't resist.  They are regular snickerdoodles rolled in orange sprinkles and cinnamon (instead of plain white sugar).  I thought they were cute and it was a big hit for the kids.  You can use any snickerdoodle recipe, but here's mine if you want:

1 c. softened butter (not melted, no substitutes)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

Preheat oven at 400 degrees.  Cream butter, sugar and eggs.  Sift in dry ingredients.  For thicker cookies, chill dough for at least 2 hours (also will be easier to work with).  For thinner cookies, you don't need to chill.  Form 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar.  Bake for 8-10 minutes. Make sure you don't overbake or leave on the pan too long, they taste better soft.  If you want to add the candycorn pumpkins on top (like in my picture) place them on top after you get them out of the oven.  If you bake them in the cookies, they are just a big sugary mess (not that I'd know from experience or anything ;)

Enjoy!  I just love festive treats!

1 comment:

FitNotQuitJess said...

Looks yummy! I miss the worlds best snickerdoodles from Michigan...I might have to try these!