About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Flower Headbands

Mikyla saw some headbands with big poofy flowers on them at Target the other day and said, "I wish I had a headband like that"  Poof!  Wish granted. (No I didn't cave in and just buy one).  I took an old pink headband of her and embellished it with some old fabric scraps I had lying around.  I think it looks a little too big, but she says she likes it like this and wore it all day long.  I can always trim it down later if we need to.
I also experimented with some silky material too. I've been wanting to try out this technique where you melt the edges of circles and layer them.  The best thing is, you don't have to be precise with the circles AT ALL.  It actually looks good when they aren't perfect. I glued these ones onto a black headband.  I adore how this one turned out, but I know she won't wear it as much just because it's black. I may just have to borrow it from time to time.


1 comment:

Jenafer Lowe said...

Shelly, I make hair flowers with the material burned and I love making them, so easy! It is also cute if you layer the material with other colors or with tule or lace or whatever. Very cute, how did you make the first one? I love it and must agree with Mikyla, not too big at all. Love you all, Jen