About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Turquoise Shirt To Baby Dress

Sometimes I  wish I had more time to bargain hunt.  I wish I had time (money) to go to thrift stores and clearance stores to look for good bargains on clothes.  Seriously you can do so many cool things to update good finds.  Some day.  For now, I got a bag of clothing from my MIL.  It was all super cute, new clothing, but everything was teen size XS and 1-3.  Needless to say, I could never wear it and I wasn't sure I wanted to hang on to it all hoping the trends would still be the same in 5-10 years when my girls would fit in them.  Anywho, I ended up giving them to a family I know with super cute petite girls.  I did however, hold on to this shirt.
It was cute, but had a big tear in the back on the bottom.
I held on to it knowing I could turn it into something fun later.  So here is what I did. . . I Cut the front out and the back out like this.

Then I cut the sleeves down like this

I sewed them back together and here is what I got


A cute little dress for my cute baby girl.  I love the color.  I kept the edges raw  on the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt.  The shirt came that way anyway.  It works perfect.




No comments: