About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Knit Flower Embellishment


I made this dress for my baby girl the other day. I'm going to make another one for big sis really soon.  I made my own pattern.  The pieces are super simple to do yourself.  On the next one, I'll show you how to make your own.  For now, I wanted to show you the flowers at the top.  They are so simple and you can put them on knit clothing you want.

I started by cutting some flowers by hand. As you can see they are far from perfect, but it will totally not matter for this project. I love that.  If you are a perfectionist, I'm sure you can find a flower pattern online to copy.
I cut four of each and layered the one with five petals on top of the four.

I lined them up and sewed an x in the center.  The great thing is that the knit won't fray in the wash and they also curl up so much that you won't see the imperfections.  So easy, right?  You should try it on one of your shirts! 

1 comment:

Adam and Kristin said...

Super Adorable Shelly! I love reading your blog! It is inspiring!