About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Autumn Trees - Kid Craft

We made these trees to get more into the season. I love how they turned out, too. I just put some paint onto some paper plates and let the kids get their hands messy.  At first, Terrick said he didn't want to get so messy but you and I both know that sometimes getting your hands messy is fun.
The leaves are handprints and the grass are fingerprints.  I drew the stumps on the bottom after the paint dried.  They look so cute on my wall now.   

We managed the whole project without getting any paint on our clothes. Sent  the kids to the bathroom to wash hands. No problems.  Later, however, I found a towel smeared with paint in the bathroom. "It didn't all come off in the water," Terrick said.  Thank goodness for washable paint.  My towel looks good as new. 




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute projects, look like you had so much fun - and I love the blog name!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea - I will have to try it as a craft with my little girl - so cute!!!

Kid Crafts said...

Great ideas for kid crafts. Kids really enjoy making crafts. Plus it's a great way to spend time with your own family and kids