About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

"Doll" House Furniture part 1

I picked up some fun items at Michaels.  Each thing was about $1.  Here is what I got:


For a table I got a package of two big cirlces and 3 spools.  Though I  am only using 1 circle and 2 spools.  I can keep the extras for something else fun.



For some stools, I got a package of small circles (6 of them) and 2 packages of these knobby things with 7 in each.

I'm using 4 circles and 12 of the knobs for the stools.






I painted the legs blue and used mod podge to add the yellow paper to the tops.  Then I glued them together like so (I used tacky glue since it's sticky enough for the legs of the stools to stand up on their own)
















Here is the finished product










I also picked up one of these premade cabinets at Michaels (I think they are like $2) and painted it to match the kitchen furniture.  It's going to be the food cabinet.

For the pet beds I got three of these.
I painted them blue then put a little bit of stuffing inside topped with a circle piece of fabric for the pillow. I used my hot glue to keep it in.

I didn't take a picture but I also used some mod podge on top to stick some little star and moon punches on top (seen below)




And here are her Littlest Petshop pals enjoying their new spaces.  My daughter is so excited to have a place for her little animals to play.







No comments: