About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mosaic Pictures

Since the kids are home from school and BORED!  We decided to make some art today.    I started by showing them some pictures online of mosaics.  I had a whole bunch of these little tissue paper squares left over from a craft we did this summer and put them to work.
They chose their favorite color of construction paper.  I gave them a bottle of glue to share and the bag of tissue squares.  Some decided to draw out their design with glue or crayons, the others did it freehand.  Here is how they turned out:

I think they look great. You can tell that one of the mosaic pictures we saw online was a castle because two of them liked the idea . . . and it was a great little break from tv watching and wii playing.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Shelly, you are amazing! i love reading about all of your projects! And, I can't believe how old and adorable your kids are!! We miss them in the ward (still!!)

The Special Reds said...

We like doing this, too! We will rip up tiny pieces of construction paper to fill in the picture. Good for fine motor skills. Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!