About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Doll" House

When we took apart our terrible closet made of particle board, we had this piece left over.
I thought it would be fun to make something out of it.  I soon decided to make it into a play doll house for Mikyla.  I spray painted around the edges.

Then I used some mod podge to create wall paper.

We decided the top floor will be the bedroom.  Next is the bathroom(blue), then the kitchen(green) and the living room will be on the bottom.  Now I have a whole new world of creating to do as we come up with fun furniture and things to fill our house with.

To Do:
Find a idea for the roof
add windows with mod podge
create furniture for each room

Several weeks have gone by since I started.  Mikyla and I have been a little at odds about who gets to use the house.  Ultimately she wins, though, because she will be the one to play there, not me.  I orginally wanted a Barbie house, but evidently this is no good since Barbie can't stand up in the rooms (they just aren't tall enough).  So, it will be a house for her Littlest Petshop Animals.  She plays with them more anyways.  My little animal lover.  I already have some ideas for furniture.  Keep your eyes peeled for more on our "doll" house.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are so awesome! What a creative mom you are! I love seeing all of the crafts you have come up with!

Unknown said...

This is crafty wonderful! And that pick of your littlest with the handband makes me smile! :D