About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Changing Chad (the Boy Dress Up Doll)

About a month ago, I made Daisy Dress Up for my little girl.  It makes for a fun activity to do on long car rides or in waiting rooms.  We had our first occasion to take our special toy out during a long church meeting.  I soon noticed that despite the Tic-Tac-Toe game that the boys had, they were a little jealous.  Each of my boys discreetly tried out Daisy, but since she was a girl they tried to act less interested.  And so, we made Changing Chad.  Now the boys will have equal opportunity to join in the fun. 


I made him the same way as Daisy. I started with a handmade template of Chad and ironed on his undies with Wonder Under.  Then I added some of the soft side of velcro to his chest and tummy to stick his clothes on with.  Sew around the edges to secure him to his home on the yellow felt (also double thick with a pocket on back for easy storage).  I made a second template once he was done to make the clothes from (in case he shifted during the sewing).  His clothes are made from a double thickness of felt (and some pleather for his chaps and vest) with the scratchy side of velcro on the back.  So far, he's a huge hit. The boys are glad they can play and it's no longer girly! 

No comments: