About me

Hi! I'm Shelly - mother of 5 and wife to the best man in the world. We love to play games and watch movies together. I have a passion for crafting in all it's forms - sewing, scrapbooking, bow making, painting, mod podge, you name it and I'll try it. Hope you enjoy our family adventures and crafts!

How I Became Shared Jelly

When my husband and I first got married we used to get messages on our answering machine for "Shared" and "Jelly" instead of Jared and Shelly. The first time we chuckled a little over it and by the fourth or fifth time, we decided the name should stick somewhere. And so, I've been sharing jelly all over the internet since. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Daisy Dress-Up

I made this little cutie for my daughter.  It's my homemade version of a paper doll.  I'm trying to get some "special" toys for longer road trips.  When we talked it over, we decided her name would be Daisy.  Isn't she cute?

I made my own template and cut it out of felt.  I sewed it on double thickness felt (left over from my Thanksgiving calendar) plus a pocket in the back to store her outfits.

I made another template after I sewed her down to make her outfits (because you never know how the fabric will shift during sewing).

My daughter loves it and I think it's fun making the outfits.  I certainly have plenty of fabric scraps around her to make them all.  Fun!

Now the boys are jealous. I need to make them one next! 

No comments: